Political Action - Pipefitters 208 "Get Involved"
We have created this page in conjunction with the United Association Political & Legislative Affairs Department to enable members to GET INVOLVED in the political and legislative process. For local and regional politics we will update you with current information.
Latest Video from UA Get Involved
The above video player is a playlist with dozens of videos.
Through the International, you can visit their website to access effective grass-roots tools that will allow you to GET INVOLVED at both the national and local level. Up-to-date information on recent events is also made available on both websites for key legislative and political issues relevant to workers and the labor movement.
The United Association views legislative and political affairs among our top goals and priorities, primarily because of the impact on jobs and on our future. And, today, the need for every UA member to be politically and legislatively active is greater than ever before. Our efforts are focused on protecting rights of workers and unions and creating good jobs for working families. Our strength, as always, lies in our solidarity – when our voices united as one, we cannot be ignored.
Now is the time to GET INVOLVED! Whether you are veteran UA member or a first-year apprentice --your involvement is essential to our future.
If you are interested in receiving Political information by email/mail from the local please contact the hall either by phone or email and indicate what party you registered with. This information remains private and will not be discussed or given out to other affiliations.
Also, please make sure that your email and phone numbers are up to date with us at the hall.
Please call - 303-428-4380 or email Becca@pipe208.com, Maddie@pipe208.com or Tahra@pipe208.com
In Solidarity, Gary Arnold Business Manager
Jared Polis, Candidate for Governor of Colorado, will be coming to Local 208's hall to shoot his latest video! The clip will be posted to this page after video is available! Stay Tuned!
Monthly PEC Meetings!
Come on down to local 208's hall and join us for our PEC Meetings! The Political Education Committee (PEC) meets the 1ST TUESDAY of every month, unless otherwise specified. Meetings start at 6:00pm and anyone is welcome to attend. Any cancellations or re-scheduling information will be posted here. Hope to see you there!
Next PEC Meeting: Tuesday, September 4th @ 6:00PM
Pipefitters Local Union 208 strives to provide our members with a quality of life characterized by respect and social-economic security through promoting and representing the interest of all working men and women in the piping industry. Below is some information on our Endorsements for the most recent Elections.
Need to Register to Vote? Click HERE to register today!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION! June 2018 Governor Election Information from Local 208: Democrat -or- Unaffilliated
Don't forget! Primary Elections are on June 26th, Need more info? Click HERE for a printable flyer with information from the AFL-CIO!
Local 208 is Endorsing the Following Candidates for 2018:
Joe Neguse - Colorado Congressional District 2
- Karen McCormick - Congressional District 4
- Jason Crowe - Colorado Congressional District 6
- Ed Perlmutter - Colorado Congressional District 7
- Jared Polis - Governor of Colorado
- Jena Griswald - Colorado Secretary of State
- Dave Young - Colorado State Treasurer
COLORADO STATE SENATE:
- Leroy Garcia - Senate District 3
- Kerry Donovan - Senate District 5
- Pete Lee - Senate District 11
- Rebecca Cranston - Senate District 15
- Tammy Story - Senate District 16
- Jessie Danielson - Senate District 20
- Brittany Petersen - Senate District 22
- Faith Winter - Senate District 24
- Julia Varnell-Sarjeant - Senate District 30
- Robert Rodriguez - Senate District 32
- Julie Gonzales - Senate District 34
COLORADO STATE HOUSE:
- Susan Lontine - House District 1
- Alec Garnett - House District 2
- Jeff Bridges - House District 3
- Serena Gonzales-Gutierrez - House District 4
- Alex Valdez - House District 5
- Chris Hansen - House District 6
- James Coleman - House District 7
- Leslie Herrod - House District 8
- Emily Sorota - House District 9
- Edie Hootan - House District 10
- KC Becker - House District 13
- Tony Exum - House District 17
- Liz Rosenbaum - House District 21
- Chris Kennedy - House District 23
- Monica Duran - House District 24
- Lisa Cutter - House District 25
- Kerry Tipper - House District 28
- Tracy Kraft-Tharp - House District 29
- Dafna Michaelson - House District 30
- Yadira Caraveo - House District 31
- Adrienne Benavidez - House District 32
- Matt Gray - House District 33
- Shannon Bird - House District 35
- Mike Weissman - House District 36
- Tom Sullivan - House District 37
- Chris Kolker - House District 38
- Janet Bucker - House District 40
- Simone Aiken - House District 44
- Daneya Esgar - House District 46
- Bri Buentello - House District 47
- Rochelle Galindo - House District 50
- Dave Rose - House District 56
- Barbara McLachlan - House District 59
ADAMS COUNTY COMMISSIONER:
- Emma Pinter - District 3
- Steve O'Dorisio - District 4
ADAMS COUNTY ASSESSOR:
- Ken Musso
BOULDER COUNTY COMMISSIONER
- Matt Jones
JEFFERSON COUNTY COMMISSIONER:
- Leslie Dahlkemper
LARIMER COUNTY COMMISSIONER:
- John Kefalas